Friendship On-line

4.19.2006

History is all around you











When you are in Greece, you can see history everywhere. In old narrow streets of Veria, you can see old Makedonian doors, old family churches, churches full of coloured icons and pictures, deserted Jewish houses, old bridges. Not far from Veria there is one of the most interesting places in Greece. Vergina.
I have heard about this place a lot but when I stood in front of the door of Philip II's tomb, I couldn't speak. I thought about all those years which had passed from his death. I remembered the film Alexander the Great and I wanted to see it again. I wanted to live that time again
on the screen of the Tv. I also could admire all those things which had been found in the tomb. Golden jewellery, pots, boxes and a lot of wreaths. One of them was made of golden oak leaves. Why oak? I didn't know that the oak is the symbol of Makedonia.
Then we went to see the Palace and the theatre when Philip II had been killed.
It was my best birthday present which I got from my friend to take me here. To let me see these things. Thank you for that once more.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home