Friendship On-line

3.20.2006

First impressions

When I started the eTwinning project with Nada, I didn’t know if my students would like it. Of course they all evinced a strong desire to take part in it because it was something new for them. They were very curious about the partners and their lives they were to work with. However, I realized how responsible the cooperation would be. I thought my students acted as children usually do: show interest at the beginning and then withdraw.

I didn’t want to be the only person who would be for the project. To my surprise, I heard a wonderful answer when I asked my students the question: “ If you had a chance to participate in the similar project next year, who would like to join?” All of the students put up their hands in token of support. That was wonderful because it turned out that the children are aware of benefits they derive from exchanging mails with their partners.

My students were afraid of making mistakes. They thought that our Czech partners would use perfect English while they themselves are not very fluent. But then, when they saw that their partners made some mistakes too, some barrier had been overcome – the barrier of using a foreign language. They are beginning to understand the importance of knowing foreign languages. English has become an international tool for communicating, not just a subject at school any more. Thanks to this project my students are getting more and more self-confident both in using English and IT tools.

I myself am very happy to have the opportunity to cooperate with Nada, who gives me a lot of support. I am very grateful for her help ( she motivates me to discover and explore new areas in IT). Thank you, Nada, for your support and patience.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home