Friendship On-line

9.14.2006

SUMMER THOUGHTS by an etwinning student


Here is what Anastasia, a 14 year old student of Kavassila high school ,Imathia, Greece wrote about last summer:
Yesterday it was the first day at school. My feelings are a bit confused. Sadness and happiness. Sadness because summer holidays are over, already past.It was really great for me.!In July, after school had finished, my family and I went to the seaside, in Katerini, for two weeks.There I stayed in a nice small hotel. I swam and sunbathed all day, so I got a super tan.! But, please, don't think that I was just a lazy, lively girl strolling around. I read two literature books. The one that charmed me more was "ta mistika tou valtou" written by Penelope Delta. The story takes place in the region of central Macedonia ( here is the school ) in 1912, during the macedonian struggle for freedom against Turkish and Bulgarians .In August, as I am a member of the local dancing club, I visited many towns where we danced, dressed in traditional costumes. Also, my cousins from Canada came and stayed at my place. I practiced my English a lot!However, all good things have an end quickly. September came and Happiness ,too.I am back at school ,ready to make new etwinning friends and anxious to know more about the culture of other European countries.The picture shows the traditional costume I wear quite often.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Anastazia, thank you for your very interesting contribution. Soon I will come to your school with some of my students and we will be able to talk together. I am looking forward to my next visit very much.I wish you a lot of success in this school year.

    By Blogger Naďa Kadlecová, at 10:44 odp.  

Okomentovat

<< Home