Friendship On-line

9.04.2006

AFTER SUMMER HOLIDAYS


Dear etwinning friends,

Summer is over, a new school year is starting and I would like to express my hopes that this academic year will be full of creativity and progress for you and your students.
Also, I would like to share with you a teaching tip that I have been using so far .It is for the first time you meet new students.

In order to have a clear idea of the level of their english knowledge,I give them each, a personal letter where I write some personal things about myself. Then I ask them to answer the letter at home or in class. When I get it, I know how well they can write, their grammar level, their vocabulary and, the most important, things about themselves so I can handle them as personalities better.

I hope this teaching tip will work as well with your new classes as with my ones.

1 Comments:

  • Dear friend,
    I like this idea and I will try it too. I try to make my students speak which is not easy after such a long break. What I do for the beginning of the lesson is an activity called What´s the news. They have to write four sentences about their families and then we stand in a circle and the students tell the news. The others have to remember some and later they have to repeat it. We also put various questions during this activity.

    By Blogger Naďa Kadlecová, at 12:15 dop.  

Okomentovat

<< Home