Friendship On-line

5.02.2006











The end of my trip to Greece

I haven’t finished my diary from Greece yet. The last day after my birthday, I went to Thessaloniki. Despina Ganidou and her friend Despina, the headmistress, came for me to Veria in the morning.
It was so sad to say good buy to my friends Eleni and her husband in Veria. I wanted to tell them so many important things, but I couldn’t speak. It was too emotional. I was very sad that I was leaving my friends.
Thessaloniki is a very large city with about one million inhabitants and four hours were definitely not enough. But I was grateful for everything I could see in this beautiful place. First of all, we visited the old walls on the hill. These were Byzantine walls of Thessaloniki. I could admire the silhouette of the mount Olympus in the distance.
The next place which we visited was the famous White Tower, one of the important landmarks of the city. I was very interested in its long history. Thessaloniki is the city which is very close to our country. The two brothers Cyril and Methodus came from this place to our territory. They brought the alphabet and Christianity to our countries. They translated holy books.
I also visited the Archeological museum, two churches and one of the biggest and most beautiful squares in Europe Aristoteles Square. It is really very huge and interesting. The time was passing very quickly and at the end my new friends invited me for a nice lunch by the sea.
While we were eating we made some plans about the visit of Greek children in our school at the end of April. It was good. Although I wasn’t with my twin sister Eleni, I was still in touch with Greece and I was looking forward to coming Greek stay in my town.
Suddenly our eTwinning programme had a different image. It wasn’t only letter writing, we were real people and we were speaking about meeting of our students. It was so exciting. I think that we have done much more that the idea of the eTwinning cooperation was.

1 Comments:

  • Reading these thoughts of my etwi sister Nada, I felt once again touched and as if one member of my family moved to stay in another country. Definitely Nada's visit to my place was very important and influenced both of us. I wish she always has a good time in her country and school as she had, here in Greece."KALI ANTAMOSI" Nada!This is a wish we make when we say goodbye to someone.It is somehow a promise that we will meet soon.

    By Blogger Kostopoulou Eleni, at 9:44 odp.  

Okomentovat

<< Home