Friendship On-line

2.24.2006

How the email writing is organized


Once, you have created twins from the students, they take this situation very seriously. When they write letters on given topics, they expect answers from their new friends. Sending emails is not fun. I usually teach the topic of the letter during my lessons and then my students have some time to prepare the letter. When they are ready, we go to the computer room and we write the letters. Before they send them to their friends and me, I usually check them and help them with mistakes. What I really like is the friendly atmosphere in the classroom. They do not hasitate to ask me about grammar problems individually and they learn a lot. We have built up the rules of email writing. The students are not allowed to surf the net during the lesson, they have to do what they have been told, after checking their email and successfully sending, I give them a couple of minutes to use the Internet for their personal mail. What is very interesting that classes which use forum in the eTwinning twinspace are so interested that they do not try to break the rules and they create new topics, read the messages from their Greek friends and answer them ,as well.
The advantage for the teacher is that all the topics are saved in the twinspace and we can read them at home and think about the mistakes the children have made. I think that the forum in twinspace could be used for a wide range of activities with all our students. We can together think of some more.

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home